날 짜 2021-01-11 17:02:36
조 회 498
트랙백 http://artiaco.com/home/bbs/tb.php/artnews/1447
글자크기

Outlook in Art

Market 2021 by

experts

2021 미술시장 전망

'One of the most shocking, tumultuous yearson record': art market figures reflect on 2020—and guess at what 2021 might hold

The pandemic has ripped apart the industry as we know it this year but it has sparked innovation and conversation like never before

Marc Spiegler, global director, Art Basel

On 2021: “Based upon virtually all current predictions, we can expect a vaccine by the middle of next year and we will start to see a return of international travel. It will not be the art world as we knew it from 2019 right away, but we know that people are longing to be able to see art in person again. At the same time, digitalisation will not go away.”

아트 바젤의 마크 스피글러 글로벌 디렉터

2021년: "현재 거의 모든 예측에 기초해, 내년 중반까지는 백신을 맞을 것으로 예상할 수 있고, 우리는 국제 여행의 귀환을 볼 수 있을 것입니다. 당장 2019년부터 알았던 미술세계가 되지는 않겠지만 다시 한번 직접 미술을 보고 싶어한다는 것은 잘 알고 있다. 동시에 디지털화는 사라지지 않을 것입니다."

Alex Logsdail, executive director of Lisson Gallery

What will be 2020’s legacy? "The wider and overdue embracing of Bipoc, female and other underrepresented artists now being fully recognised for their contribution to art history. Other things are more murky and amorphous, especially when it comes to the questions around art’s place in the social and political dialogue and who in positions of power use their influence and how. The market is a strange force that is usually not the best barometer of the health of the art world. Without taking into account the wider ecosystem that allows the market to exist you cannot have a meaningful conversation about a sustainable market. Philanthropy and governmental support of arts education is as critical to the long term health of the market as the short term supply of work."

Lisson Gallery의 Alex Logsdail 전무이사

2020년의 유산은 무엇일까? "비포크, 여성, 그리고 다른 저명 예술가들이 폭넓고 오래 전에 품에 안겼던 것들이 이제 예술사에 대한 그들의 공헌으로 완전히 인정받고 있습니다. 다른 것들은 더 모호하며, 특히 사회적, 정치적 대화에서 예술이 차지하는 위치와 권력 위치에 있는 사람들이 그들의 영향력과 방법을 사용하는 것에 관한 질문들에 관해서는 더욱 그렇습니다. 시장은 보통 미술계 건강의 가장 좋은 척도가 아닌 묘한 힘이다. 시장이 존재하도록 하는 더 넓은 생태계를 고려하지 않고는 지속 가능한 시장에 대해 의미 있는 대화를 나눌 수 없습니다. 자선활동과 예술교육에 대한 정부의 지원은 단기적인 일 공급만큼이나 시장의 장기적인 건강에 중요하다."

Victoria Siddall, board director of Frieze

"This has been an incredibly challenging year, in so many ways, but there have been some real positives that have shone through, even in the year’s more gloomy moments. For example, the acknowledgement that we are a community and that it is collaboration that will get us all through this period in good shape. The openness with which people embraced new tech platforms, and quickly busted the myths about selling art online, was another highlight. Ultimately, my feeling at the end of this year is that we are all very aware of how much we miss seeing art and each other in person."

프리제의 이사 빅토리아 시드달

"올해는 많은 면에서 믿을 수 없을 정도로 힘든 한 해였지만, 올해의 우울한 순간들에서도 빛을 발한 몇 가지 긍정적인 일들이 있었습니다. 예를 들어, 우리가 공동체라는 것과 그것이 우리를 이 기간 내내 좋은 상태로 이끌어 줄 협력이라는 것을 인정하는 것입니다. 사람들이 새로운 기술 플랫폼을 받아들이고, 온라인 미술품 판매에 대한 신화를 재빨리 깨부수는 개방성은 또 다른 하이라이트였다. 궁극적으로, 올해 말, 제 느낌은 우리가 미술과 서로를 직접 보는 것을 얼마나 그리워하는지 알고 있다는 것입니다."

Rakeb Sile, Addis Fine Art, Addis Abbaba and London

"This period has encouraged a general openness between business owners and galleries across hierarchies. This began with crisis talks and has now evolved into collaborations, as galleries in particular are finding innovative ways of working with one another…The art world seems to operate less as islands now."

레이크브 실레, 애디스 파인 아트, 애디스 아바바, 런던

"이 시기는 기업 소유자와 갤러리 사이에 계층 전반에 걸친 일반적인 개방을 장려했습니다. 특히 갤러리가 서로 협력할 수 있는 혁신적인 방법을 모색하고 있기 때문에, 이는 위기의 대화에서 시작하여 이제는 협업으로 발전했습니다. 미술계는 이제 섬처럼 운영이 덜 되는 것 같다고 말했다.

"We’ve noticed that the travel restrictions have caused an increase in local collectors both in the UK and Ethiopia. So I predict a collector trend of looking locally before buying internationally. The pandemic has brought about progressive discussions about the art world's environmental impact so I don’t think there will be as much of a travelling caravan next year as people are more conscious of their carbon footprint. Therefore, a consolidation of art fairs is inevitable."

우리는 여행 제한으로 인해 영국과 에티오피아에서 현지 수집가들이 증가했다는 것을 알아냈습니다. 그래서 저는 국제적으로 물건을 사기 전에 현지에서 보는 수집가들의 추세를 예측합니다. 대유행병은 예술계의 환경 영향에 대한 진보적인 논의를 불러왔기 때문에 내년에는 사람들이 탄소 발자국을 더 의식하는 것만큼 많은 여행용 캐러밴이 없을 것이라고 생각합니다. 따라서 아트페어의 통합은 불가피하다고 말했다.

Stuart Shave, Modern Art gallery, London

“Our 2020 turnover is reduced, but what has proved really essential reading for me in this period is looking at our gross profit margins, and seeing that throughout the lockdown and beyond these have significantly expanded, in some months even quadrupled from the previous year…This is not just about how the gallery is surviving in this period, but rather, the financial consequences of operating in the international art world PRE-pandemic. This raises interesting questions about the future and what aspects of the business we will change to reflect this experience. What remains essential to me, is making exhibitions in my own gallery, on my own terms.”

런던 현대 미술관의 스튜어트 쉐이브

"2020년 매출액은 감소했지만, 이 기간 동안 제게 가장 중요한 것은 총 수익률을 살펴본 결과, 전체 매출과 이러한 매출액이 전년보다 4배 더 늘어난 것을 알게 되었습니다.이것은 이 시기에 화랑들이 어떻게 살아남는가에 대한 것이 아니라, 국제적인 예술계 프리-팬더믹에서 운영되면서 발생하는 재정적 결과에 관한 것이다. 이에 따라 향후 및 이러한 경험을 반영하기 위해 어떤 비즈니스 측면을 변화시킬 것인지에 대한 흥미로운 질문이 제기됩니다

Kenny Schachter, writer, artist and art dealer, New York

"The art world woke to greater racial and gender equality and the advent of technology—better late than never on both fronts. I have been in ten industries professionally, and by far the art world is the most conservative and backwards looking."

뉴욕의 작가, 예술가, 미술상인 케니 섀처터

"예술계는 인종과 성별의 평등과 기술의 등장과 두 가지 면에서 전혀 그렇지 않은 것 보다 더 늦게 깨어났습니다. 저는 전문적으로 10개 업종에 종사해 왔으며, 예술계는 단연코 가장 보수적이고 후진적 입니다

"After everyone had grossly binged on all the content Netflix has on offer, they started to voraciously watch…online auctions—to the tune of a million for a Sotheby’s and Christie’s evening sale. I find this the most shocking part of one of the most shocking, tumultuous years on record. Look for more of the same for 2021 as art fairs and live auctions will remain on ice until Covid is under control. Which, I am afraid, doesn’t look like it will happen anytime soon."

"모든 사람들이 Netflix가 제공하는 모든 컨텐츠에 열광하고 난 후, 그들은 온라인 경매에서 소더비와 크리스티 저녁 세일을 100만 달러에 달하는 엄청난 관심을 끌기 시작했습니다. 나는 이것이 기록상 가장 충격적이고 떠들썩한해 중 하나에서 가장 충격적인 부분이라고 생각한다. 미술 아트페어와 라이브 경매는 코로비드가 통제될 때까지 빙판 위에 남아 있기 때문에 2021년에도 이와 같은 것을 더 찾아보세요. 유감스럽지만, 이런 일이 곧 일어날 것 같지는 않습니다."

Nicholas Maclean, Ekyn Maclean, London and New York

On 2021: "Will the pandemic continue well in to 2021? What effect will Brexit have on the London art market? Will division in the US affect the confidence of collectors across the globe? Personally I feel optimistic about the art market worldwide in 2021 as art has always been a safe house in uncertain times. New York will continue to be the centre with Hong Kong still a few steps behind, and I don’t believe that London will lose its European crown in spite of leaving the EU. The city remains a draw for international investors and will continue to have an edge over Paris."

Nicholas Maclean, Ekyn Maclean, 런던 및 뉴욕

2021년: "대유행은 2021년까지 계속될까요? 브렉시트가 런던 예술 시장에 어떤 영향을 미칠 것인가? 미국의 분열이 전 세계 수집가들의 신뢰에 영향을 미칠까요? 개인적으로 나는 미술이 불확실한 시기에 항상 안전한 피난처가 되어왔기 때문에 전 세계 미술시장이 낙관적이라고 느낀다. 홍콩이 아직 몇 걸음 뒤처진 가운데 뉴욕은 계속 중심지가 될 것이고, 나는 런던이 유럽연합을 떠나도 유럽 왕관을 잃게 될 것이라고 생각하지 않는다. 이 도시는 여전히 국제 투자자들의 관심을 끌며 파리보다 우위를 점할 것입니다.

Emily Tsingou, art advisor, London

"The lasting legacy of 2020 will be that reliance on a purely digital format is not the solution for the future of the art market...Those who are accumulating art, rather than collecting it, are out in 2021. Connoisseurship and selectivity are back, and collectors with deep understanding and love of art are in a strong position."

에밀리 칭구, 런던의 미술 고문

"2020년의 지속적인 유산은 순수하게 디지털 형식에 의존하는 것이 예술 시장의 미래를 위한 해결책이 아니라는 것입니다.예술을 수집하기 보다는 축적하는 사람들은 2021년에 나옵니다. 감성과 선택성이 다시 돌아왔고, 예술에 대한 깊은 이해와 사랑을 가진 수집가들이 강한 위치에 있다

Guillaume Cerutti, chief executive of Christie's

"History shows the art market has a natural resilience so I am confident 2021 will be better than 2020. But 2021 will be a missed opportunity if the art market as a whole doesn’t rethink its priorities and image to avoid being seen as an opaque market, reserved to an elite audience, and lagging behind in terms of equity and diversity. Key priorities for 2021 should therefore be to continue to expand our client base, especially through innovation, but also more transparency and more diversity."

크리스티 경매의 최고 경영자인 기욤 케루티

"역사에서 볼 때 미술 시장은 자연스러운 회복력을 가지고 있기 때문에 저는 2021년이 2020년보다 더 나아질 것이라고 확신합니다. 하지만 미술 시장이 전반적으로 그것의 우선 순위와 이미지를 재고하지 않는다면, 엘리트 관객들에게만 한정되고, 형평성과 다양성 면에서 뒤처지는 불투명한 시장으로 비쳐지지 않기 위해 놓칠 수 있는 기회가 될 것이다. 따라서 2021년의 주요 우선 순위는 특히 혁신을 통해 고객 기반을 계속 확장하는 것이어야 하며, 또한 투명성과 다양성도 증대해야 합니다."

Charles F. Stewart, chief executive of Sotheby's

"2020 was the year of the reinvention of the digital experience. For me, 2021 will be the year of the reinvention of the physical experience. We will see a real premium placed on out-of-the-ordinary physical experiences. And we will all march to the loud and important drum of sustainability and a sense of social purpose. If there’s anything good to have come out of this pandemic, it’s a real understanding—across all societies and geographies—of the importance of those two things.

찰스 F 소더비 사의 최고 경영자인 스튜어트

"그 해는 디지털 체험이 재창조된 해였습니다. 저에게 2021년은 육체적 경험의 재창조의 해가 될 것입니다. 우리는 색다른 육체적 경험에 대한 진정한 프리미엄을 보게 될 것이다. 그리고 우리 모두는 지속 가능성과 사회적 목적의식의 크고 중요한 북소리로 행진하게 될 것입니다. 만약 이 유행병으로부터 좋은 결과가 나온다면, 그것은 모든 사회와 지역에 걸쳐 이 두 가지의 중요성에 대한 진정한 이해입니다.

Melanie Clore, co-founder of Clore Wyndham art advisory, London

On 2021: "Less is more—fewer fairs, fewer auctions, more one-to-one, less Zoom and more face-to-face, understanding the long-term benefits of trust, knowledge, integrity and relationships."

런던 Clore Wyndham 아트 어드바이저의 공동 설립자인 Melanie Clore

2021년: "더 적은 수의 아트페어, 더 적은 경매, 더 많은 일대일, 더 적은 Zoom, 더 적은 직접 대면, 신뢰, 지식, 무결성 및 관계의 장기적인 이점을 이해하는 것이 더 중요합니다

Maureen Bray, executive director of the Art Dealers Association of America (ADAA)

"2020 gave us further proof that gallerists, like all small business owners, endured by being responsive and resilient. Online sales moved from being hypothetical and experimental to a very real strategy that galleries have embraced. That said, online sales are never going to take over the industry completely. The past few years have presented many legislative and policy challenges for gallerists in the US, and there’s no reason to think that won’t continue…I’m not making predictions yet. If 2020 has taught us anything, it is

미국 미술품 딜러 협회(ADAA)의 모린 브레이 전무이사

"모든 소기업 소유주들과 마찬가지로 갤러리들도 대응력과 탄력성을 유지하며 견딘다는 증거를 추가로 제시했습니다. 온라인 판매는 가상적이고 실험적인 것에서 갤러리들이 수용해 온 매우 현실적인 전략으로 옮겨갔다. 그렇다고 온라인 판매가 업계를 완전히 장악하지는 못할 것이다. 지난 몇 년 동안 미국의 갤러리에 대해 많은 입법 및 정책적 과제를 제시해 왔으며, 이 문제가 지속되지 않을 것이라고 생각할 이유가 없습니다. 나는 아직 예측하지 못하고 있다. 2020년이 우리에게 무언가를 가르쳐준다면,...

출처 : Art News Paper USA

."

"

이모티콘 입력
14bd676fc5
이름   비번   메일   홈피