2024. 5. 2

[¹Ì¼úÀϹÝ] John Macathur's event
ÀÌ ¸§ IACO (219.¢½.27.6)
³¯ Â¥ 2009-04-06 01:21:34
Á¶ ȸ 5712
Æ®·¢¹é http://artiaco.com/home/bbs/tb.php/artnews/347
±ÛÀÚÅ©±â

John Macathur in Hong Kong

"Dragon Flies, Moon Dances" will be the first solo exhibition I have held at The Fringe Club in Central, Hong Kong. It is a collection of artwork following the theme of combined images and calligraphy. The elements are inspired from travelling and living in Asia, and partially an observation of Chinese culture, especially Opera.

Recently I spoke at The Asian Art Therapy conference, held in Hong Kong.
While preparing the presentation " Creative Journey, Cultural Bridge" and the creativity workshop, I had time to reflect on the images in my work and the reasons I enjoy using them. The participants at the conference were also provocative in their questioning and gave me valuable feedback. (Some pictures of the conference are above.) The Workshop held was fostering creativity through a variety of techniques and media. Collage, and mixed media were used to create words and images combined as one piece. The participants also created a lively atmosphere in the studio.

John McArthur has been captivated by art. Calligraphy and Asian culture has had a profound effect and is often represented as common themes in his work. He often uses the human body and portraits as an inspiration for his own visual images. McArthur is an Australian artist, who has been a resident of Hong Kong since 1999. He has held solo exhibitions and participated in group shows. McArthur regularly draws with people who share a passion for art.

À̸ðƼÄÜ ÀÔ·Â
20e7e7a48f
À̸§   ºñ¹ø   ¸ÞÀÏ   ȨÇÇ