+ IACO : International Art Cooperative Organization +

2024. 4. 18

[¼­¾çÈ­] ÀÌÈñÃá¤Ó Lee, Hie Chun 2196
Æ®·¢¹é ÁÖ¼Ò : http://artiaco.com/home/bbs/tb.php/mgallery/291 
ÀÌÈñÃá¤ÓLee, Hie Chun

Lee Hie-chun was born in Jeonju, majored in Korean painting at Wonkwang University, and earned master's and Ph.D. in formative art at the graduate school.
  In addition to international exhibitions such as China, the United States, Hong Kong, and France, 38 individual exhibitions and a number of group exhibitions were held in Korea including the United States, China, Seoul, and Jeonju.

He participated in biennials and international art fairs such as the Beijing Art Fair, China Shenzhen Exhibition Ink Biennale, New York Art Expo, Korea International Art Fair(KIAF), New York Korean Art Show, ART FAIR21, AAF Singapore, KIAF Art Gwangju, and Doors art fair.

(holding institution)
  In addition, works are housed at Lu Xun Academy of Fine Arts in China, Quebec University in Canada, IBM in New York, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Korea, Woori Bank, Jeonbuk State Government, Wonkwang University Museum, GuanShanyue Art Museum in China, Jeonbuk Human Resources Development Foundation, Jeonju City Library, Mercedes-Benz (Jeonju, Gunsan) exhibition hall, Mirae Hospital, and Jeonju District Court building.

PAINTER'S WORD

Most of my paintings are an array of nature: the harmony of flowers, birds and butterflies which reminds a texture of a mother of pearl with a five-colored background. Sometimes the surfaces are transparent and spread because of wetness. Also there is a harmony of unhindered knife kneading and various colors. Undergoing numerous repeated experiments, combining unintended oil-painting's property of matter and water, I am in the process of achieving my aesthetic consciousness.
  As my past works show, I could not calm down for a while after facing a piece of furniture, lacquered with black color and finely inlaid with mother of pearl emitting bright light, because of the excitement and I was fascinated by the traditional aesthetic consciousness embedded in it. From that time, my work has been based on the methodology of copying the trace of traditional art and the vestige of idleness rooted in naturalism and the thought of Laotzu. Over a decade, I have brought the organic diagram of a brush and ink, colors, and the methodology into one scenery to build my flower garden of dreams based on my major, Oriental Painting.
  The choreography of the knife in my canvas that animals and plants and humans are in harmony. My recent work is a return of nature dreaming of an ideal world, or idle nature.
  Birds, butterflies, flowers, a variety of plants, and humans... The creatures on the screen are living by their nature. The creatures continue their life following the laws of nature. It is called 'Seong(gender)' that 'Cheon(sky)' orders, and it is called 'Doe(truth)' to follow 'seong'. I might be expressing that kind of energy and spirit visually in my paintings. It might be no more than an exotic utopia and a state of enlightenment. Through this exhibition - Spring of Drawing for flower garden of dream - I am actively reciting my spiritual realm of bliss.
Contemplation 116x89cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 160x140cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 116x89cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 97x130cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 116x116cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 130x97cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023
Contemplation 130x97cm Oil on Canvas/ 2023