+ IACO : International Art Cooperative Organization +

2023. 11. 29

[서양화] 미카호리 ㅣ Mika Horie 1929
트랙백 주소 : http://artiaco.com/home/bbs/tb.php/mgallery/305 
Mika Horie

Originally from Kyoto, Japan in 1984. My interest in photography and Japanese paper-making began in BA in Information Design at Kyoto University of Art and Design. In 2008, I moved to the United Kingdom for my one-year study in MA European Arts Practice (Fine Art) at Kingston University London. Throughout my life in Europe, I developed her interest in exploring Japanese aesthetic point of views and sense of humor in our everyday life with various artworks beyond two-dimensional media. In 2013, I established my own studio space on a small mountain in the village of Yamanaka Onsen/ Kaga-city in Japan. I travel around the world for photographing landscapes, still-life, and portraits, then making Gampi Japanese papers from pure wild trees and spring water. Furthermore, I make cyanotype prints by iron-salt and sunlight. Silence, imperfectness of human, subtle sense of humor. Those are my aim to expresses on her handmade papers.

원래 1984년 일본 교토에서 태어났다. 사진과 일본 종이 제작에 대한 저의 관심은 교토대학교 정보디자인학부에서 시작되었다. 2008년, 저는 킹스턴 대학의 MA 유럽 예술 연습(Fine Arts Practice, 파인 아트)에 대한 1년간의 연구를 위해 영국으로 옮겼다. 유럽에서의 삶을 통해, 저는 2차원 미디어를 넘어 다양한 예술작품을 통해 우리의 일상 생활에서 일본의 미적 관점과 유머 감각을 탐구하는 것에 대한 그녀의 관심을 발전시겼다. 2013년에 저는 일본의 야마나카 온센/가 도시에 있는 작은 산에 제 자신의 스튜디오 공간을 세웠다. 저는 풍경화, 정물화, 초상화를 찍기 위해 세계 곳곳을 여행하고 순수 야생 나무와 샘물로 감피 일본 종이를 만든다. 게다가, 저는 철분과 햇빛으로 시안토형을 만든다. 침묵, 인간의 불완전함, 미묘한 유머 감각. 그것들은 내가 그녀의 수공예 서류에 표현하는 것이다.

Project how to make her works
Since I moved to a traditional farmhouse in the woods in
2013, the landscape around my studio has provided me
with both the literal and conceptual material for my work. I
begin by sustainably harvesting wild gampi trees as my
predecessors did, in such a way that they can grow back
every year from the wild trees, then make all handmade
papers using the bark of the trees and spring water. At
the same time, I take black and white photographs of the
landscape, and use the negatives to make cyanotype
prints on my paper with iron salts and sunlight. The photos
become part of the paper― this indigo and off-white
prints are strong enough to last more than 1000 years.

숲속의 전통적인 농가로 이사한 이후 2013년, 스튜디오 주변의 풍경이 문자 그대로 그리고 개념적으로 제 작품을 만들었죠 나는 야생 감피 나무를 내 재료로 쓰기위해 계속적으로 습작하는 것부터 시작한다. 전임자들이 해온것 처럼 그것이 다시 자랄 수 있는 방식으로 했다. 매년 야생 나무로부터, 그리고 모든 손으로 만든 나무껍질과 샘물을 이용한 종이 에서 바로 같은 시간에 나는 흑백 사진을 찍는다. 풍경, 그리고 반대면을 사용하여 시안토형을 만든다. 내 종이에 철소염과 햇빛으로 인쇄한 것 사진들 종이의 일부가 되다. 지문이 1000년 이상 지속되기에 충분히 강합니다.
Mika Horie,Kayano-Osugi,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,27x23x0,05cm,2018
Mika Horie,Tranquil-,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,29,7x42x0,05cm,2018
Mika HorieSky-on-the-Frontier-210,Cyanotype print on handmade gampi paper,42x29,7x0,05cm,2018